A Month of Making Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
2. The prize draw is being run by The Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering (QEPrize).
Eligibility to enter
3. The prize draw is open worldwide to entrants of any age (QEPrize staff members are excluded from the draw).
4. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
5. A maximum of one entry per individual is permitted.
6. The prize draw is free to enter.
How to enter
7. The prize draw will be open between 00:01 on 15 November 2021 and 23:59 on 19 December 2021. Entries after that time and date will not be included in the draw.
8. To enter the prize draw, entrants must make a gift (e.g. a toy, game or model) out of household materials, take a photo or video of their make and upload it to Twitter or a public Instagram feed, using the hashtag #AMonthOfMaking.
9. The prizes will be ten copies of Alom Shaha’s book “Mr Shaha’s Marvellous Machines”.
10. The QEPrize’s use of particular brands as prizes does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement of such brands.
11. The ten winners will be drawn at random, and each will receive a single copy of the book.
12. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
13. The QEPrize reserves the right to substitute prizes with another prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
14. The decision of the QEPrize regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
15. The ten winners will be notified after 19 December 2021 via posts on the QEPrize Twitter and Instagram accounts which will tag the winners. The winners will be required to send their contact details to the QEPrize via direct message or email.
16. The QEPrize will attempt to contact the winners by direct message up to two times.
18. If a winner does not respond to the messages notifying them of their win within 14 days of the second message, they will lose their right to the prize, and the QEPrize reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
Receipt of the prize
19. Please allow one month for delivery of the prize. Alternative collection or delivery arrangements may be made through mutual agreement.
Data protection and publicity
20. You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used by the QEPrize for the purposes of administering the prize draw.
21. An announcement of the winners’ social media handle will be made on the QEPrize social media accounts.
Limitation of liability
25. The QEPrize does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for a prize, save that the QEPrize does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury as a result of its own negligence.
27. The QEPrize reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.
28. The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.